Stuart M. Goldstein
Direct Dial: (856) 810-7302
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Practice Areas: Casualty; Commercial Litigation; Environmental; Maritime Law; Patent and Trademark Law; Products Liability.
As a founding Shareholder in the law firm of Hollstein Keating Cattell Johnson & Goldstein PC, and previously, as Partner in the law firm of Clark, Ladner, Fortenbaugh & Young, Stuart brings over 30 years of commercial and casualty litigation and trial experience with an emphasis on products liability, toxic tort litigation, and maritime law. He has represented major manufacturers, insurance companies, vessel owners and other maritime interests in many venues nationwide, and has served as national counsel for a major corporation, overseeing and coordinating product liability/toxic tort litigation throughout the country. Stuart’s expertise also includes the area of intellectual property, specifically, patents, trademarks and copyrights.
For six years, Stuart worked as a patent examiner in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in Washington, D.C., attaining primary examiner status in the mechanical, electrical-mechanical and marine arts.
Since 1978, Stuart has been registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a patent attorney (Registration #22817), emphasizing patent application prosecution and related litigation. He also handles trademark registration applications and appeals.
Representative patent areas include all types of mechanical and electrical products and improvements, methods and systems; for example, construction tools and equipment, cleaning tools and appliances, electrical lighting and switches, household appliances, plumbing and electrical tools, appliances and related equipment, hardware and gardening tools, conveyor systems, automotive products and accessories, vessel and marine-related products and systems, recreational and leisure-related products, and medical devices and appliances.
Experienced in matters involving a variety of industrial and consumer products as well as equipment and systems within the mechanical, electrical, and marine disciplines, he often advises manufacturers on the development of their products and engineering systems and on protecting product integrity and ownership rights.
Stuart lives with his wife, Jackie, and their two daughters, Mattea and Hannah, in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
- National Law Center, George Washington University (J.D., 1977)
- United States Merchant Marine Academy (B.S., Marine Engineering, 1972)
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Attorney Registration No. 28817
- Defense Research Institute
- Proctor Member, the Maritime Law Association of the United States
- The Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Member of the Camden County Bar Association; actively involved with the Lawyer Referral Service
- Instructor: Intellectual Property courses, Camden County, Cherry Hill Township
- Co-organizer of Mitzvah Day activities - Temple Beth Shalom, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
For information on Stuart Goldstein and Patent Law, please visit: